Overview of NeuroExplorer
What is NeuroExplorer?
NeuroExplorer® is a data analysis program. It lets you analyze continuously recorded signals as well as sequencies of timestamps (spike trains, behavioral events) and short signal fragments (spike waveforms).
NeuroExplorer is a de-facto standard in neurophysiological data analysis. NeuroExplorer is used in hundreds of laboratories around the world and is cited in more than 2500 scientific publications
Why do I want NeuroExplorer?
- Easily import data
- NeuroExplorer can read native data files created by many popular data acquisition systems. More than 50 data file types can be imported.
- See Data Import for details
- Use more than 40 analysis types to explore data
- Auto- and cross-correlograms, rasters, burst analysis, place cell analysis, analyses of oscillations and many more analyses of spike trains
- Numerous analyses of continuous signals – correlations, spectral analyses, digital filtering, spike detection and others
- See Analyses page for the full list of analyses implemented in NeuroExplorer
- Generate fully editable publication-quality figures (see Screenshots)
- Calculate statistical properties of data such as
- Confidence limits for histogram and spectra
- Histogram peak locations and z-scores
- Automate repetitive tasks using Python scripting